Have a Question?
Please ask us ...
Why is there a price range?
Doing the following will help you stay to the lower end of this price range:
- Have a designated parking spot for the movers that provides direct access to your home
- Reserve elevators in advance with property management if you are in an apartment or condominium
- Pack small and light items into boxes and place all of these boxes at the front of your home
- To the side of your boxes (also at front of home) you should place together all light weight fragile items (your boxes and light fragile items will be the first items into the moving truck)
- Heavier items (such as bed, couch, kitchen table) kept at the back of your home for the movers to load into their truck last, so these will be the first items out during unloading.
What should I pack and what should I leave for the movers?
Are the movers licensed and insured?
What if I need to add an item to my move that I forgot to include on the video?
How experienced are the movers that are moving our belongings?
Are your movers qualified to handle large commercial moves?
Who do I contact if there’s a problem with my move?
The video and details of your move are kept in our system for up to 1 week after your move has been completed, so it is easy for us to review the video and move details if there are any issues with lost or potentially damaged items.